Apr 7, 2014

Who Wants to do a Shot?

Another of those "this is not a bill" medical statements came the other day.  This was from my second round of chemo and the first shot that I had.  The two kinds of chemo cost about $4,000.00 each, but the shot...that lovely shot that boost my immune system and made my bones ache: $15,000.00! 

Yes, that is correct.  Fifteen thousand dollars for one shot.

I had three of these.

Thank the gods my out of pocket max has already been hit.  How do people with no insurance do this?  Mine is crap and I'm still thankful for it.  Well, at least in this situation.

It makes me wonder how much this same drug costs in other countries.  I found a very interesting graph the other day in the Washington Post.  There are more examples if you follow the link.


In.fucking.sane


No comments:

Post a Comment