A little more than two months of chemo down, two more months to go! Here are some random items from this point:
I've been hairless for two months now - at least two more to go. It doesn't always come back in as quickly as we want it to. I'm still not used to seeing myself this way in the mirror.
Muscle aches have kicked in - so has the neuropathy. This does not thrill me. I was hoping to skip this side effect as I did the nausea on the other chemo. If the neuropathy keeps getting worse, it can take over a year for it to go away because nerves take forever to heal.
I still have my eyebrows and eyelashes...so far. I'm hoping they've decided to stick around and don't decide to go away just when I think I'm in the clear. Update: I just looked closer. The eyelashes are going. This freaks me out. A lot.
I seem to have gained the ability to ignore people who stare or make comments about me when I go out. Chris said he noticed it when we were on our vacation. I didn't notice it even once...well, except for frightening a few young children. (Ha!) Perhaps I'm just not as self-conscious as I used to be?
Two chemo sessions ago, I had less experienced people putting in and taking out the needle from my port. Something in the putting in or taking out didn't go as it should have and I actually bled when the needle came out. Because of this, I got a lovely bruise around my port. Bruises take forever to heal on me - always have. It's still there and draws more attention to a bump I don't like to have anyway. It can go away now and hopefully never come back again.
Eh, I guess that's it. Just going with the flow for now. Hoping the next two months fly by!

No comments:
Post a Comment