Apr 30, 2014

When Lashes Fall

Sigh.

And there go the eyelashes and eyebrows.  Just like that, the little hairs are falling on my cheeks like a very sad lightweight rain.

I'm having a harder time with this than I had with the hair on my head.  I mean, if you think about it - bald is just another hairstyle. A strange one for a woman, but still.  Having no eyelashes or eyebrows is almost mutant-like.  And not the cool X-Men type of mutant, just the "Ew, you look weird" kind.


Oh, I've been prepared for this since the beginning of chemo.  I have false eyelashes and eyebrow stencils.  It just looks so....fake.  Here we go again with that, right?   I'm just gonna have to get over it and carry on.  Two more months of chemo...I can do this.

Ah, vanity - you are a cruel bitch.


No comments:

Post a Comment