Apr 20, 2014

Spa Day

It's not often that I spend any more time at work than my scheduled hours.  I usually get the heck outta Dodge as soon as my scheduled hours are up.  Friday was a different story.  I was treated after work to a service at our spa.

The ladies at the spa put a custom service together for me.  I had a skin-hydrating wrap because the chemo has dried out my skin to the point where no matter how much moisturizer I put on in the mornings, I still look like a flaky alligator.  They applied pure shea butter, wrapped me in plastic and blankets, and let it sit there for a while.  Sounds completely the opposite of glamorous, doesn't it?  But throw in a sinus massage and massaging in the butter at the end, and I had completely melted.  I don't think I've been that relaxed since I was diagnosed. Oh, and my skin was actually soft and smooth when it was all done.

I took advantage of my relaxation time and lounged by the pool for a little while until I saw more and more employees walking through which threw me right back into work mode.  Here I was in only a robe and my peach-fuzzed head and here comes so-and-so from room service, and Mr. Man from engineering.  Yeah....okay, bye bye.

So, okay, it wasn't a spa day - it was more a spa hour-and-a-half.  But it was bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment